Sunday, September 18, 2005

Crowley Post-Signal: Former robber gives back

"I wronged a community in Louisiana a long time ago and I figured now was the time for me to give back, so here we are," said Kent Kloster. (His) real story involving Louisiana dates back some 26 years ago when, as a 20-year-old, he robbed a Lafayette bank and made his getaway through Acadia Parish into Beaumont, Texas."I did my time and got out to become a productive member of society," he stated with a sobering straight-forward voice. "That was then and now is now." Kloster, a Missouri truck-driver, asked his boss for a truck and a grocer for 30 pallets of supplies, which Kloster got at cost. He got seven more pallets of water from a church and headed to Louisiana. Kloster vowed to return with even more for the storm-ravaged region. "I will be coming back in a week or so with another truckload of goods and accompanied by the bus for those wanting to relocate."

No comments: